CALLING ALL CABBIES!!
Pit your footballing wits against other taxi drivers in the insureTAXI fantasy football league!
It’s nearly the start of the Premiership season again and most cabbies we have met have excellent football knowledge and strong opinions on the beautiful game! The best players, the worst…..
So now is your chance to prove it!
insureTAXI have created a league on the hugely popular “Fantasy Premier League” website and are inviting cabbies the length and breadth of Britain to join the league and pit your wits against other taxi drivers.
We’ll keep you updated every week via twitter, facebook and blogs – not only who are in the “Champions League” positions(!), but also our own top tips you can use or ignore at your discretion.
Make sure you join by 17th August at 11:30am when the first game-week starts. Do you team now and you can change it as often as you like before the 17th August
1) Its great fun (and addictive!)
2) Bragging rights against your mates on the ranks!
3) insureTAXI will give £25 for every manager of the month!
4) insureTAXI will give a £250 cash prize to whoever is victorious at the end of the season! Plus £50 for 2nd place and £25 for 3rd place.
How do I join?
For those of you that already have a team, skip to step 3 and “join a private league” and enter our code. If you are new to the Fantasy Premier League site simply:
1) Go to the website and register a team http://fantasy.premierleague.com/
(google “fantasy football” and select top result if easier.)
2) You have £50 million to spend on squad of 15 players
3) Once you have a team go to “Leagues”, then select “Join a league”, then “join private league” and then enter this code
– £25 to every Manager of the Month (including August). This is the manager that gets the most points in that calendar month
– £250 to the Manager that is top of the insureTAXI league at the end of the season.
– £50 for 2nd place
– £25 for 3rd place.
You can read the full rules by clicking here
In short, the rules are:
– One free substitution per gameweek
– Other substitutions cost minus four points
– Select 3 substitutes who will play if one of your 1st eleven don’t play that week
– You can change formation each week
– Points for clean sheets, assists, goals and bonus points for star players each week
Please spread the word and get as many other cabbies joining our league as possible.