It’s coming up to that time of year again where the nights are becoming darker quicker and the temperature is rapidly dropping both in the day and in the evening.
Here at insureTAXI, we know this time of year is extremely busy for taxi drivers so please keep safe and be careful on the roads whilst working.
- Check your car battery – If your battery is struggling when you start your taxi vehicle, this could be a sign that it’s on the blinker. Make sure you check your vehicle’s battery or drive to your local garage for a quick service.
- Antifreeze – This allows the water in the engines cooling system to not freeze over. Be sure to test your antifreeze levels with an antifreeze tester, these usually cost around £5.
- Screen wash – It’s always a good idea to have a bottle of screen wash kept in your car for emergencies considering the winter months are usually very wet. Another plus for using screen wash is that it has a lower freezing temperature in comparison to water – bonus!
- Check your lights – The days are becoming shorter and the nights are becoming longer, therefore make sure you always check your lights are working so you can remain visible in the dark nights.
- Tyres – It may also be beneficial to get yourself a set of winter tyres seeing as you are going to be frequently driving in the winter months. These will give you a much firmer grip in the snow and ice, even though they may be pricey, nothing is more important than your safety.
- EXTRA WINTER CAR EQUIPMENT – make sure you are prepared for all scenarios and keep yourself equipped with the following:
Mobile phone and charger
Hazard warning triangle
De-icer and a scraper
We hope that these tips have been useful to you and you all take care over the winter period. If you would like to speak to a member of our team regarding your taxi insurance please do not hesitate to call us on; 01270 506 985.« Back to all news